Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Welcome to Twice Pardoned

Welcome to my blog.  Why "Twice Pardoned?"  Because I recognize that many Christians can identify with the feeling of freedom experienced with a new found relationship with Christ that is lost when you remain shackled to addictions or behavior patterns of the past.  Yes, there are many who find freedom in Christ who have yet to live fully in that freedom because they are still stuck fast to the "old man."  The apostle Paul wrote about this in Romans chapter 7, "I keep doing the stuff that I don't want to do and don't do the stuff I want to do" (Eric's version of Romans 7:15).  My second pardon - I'm using that word in a very loose theological sense - came when I began to bring my addictive behaviors to the foot of the cross and invite God through His son Jesus to deal with them.  I envision this blog to be a place where I can interact with those who can identify with that very same struggle and who may have begun to experience the same victory I describe or who would like to try on this idea and see if Jesus is up to the test.

Eric

No comments: